- Based in Salt Lake City, UT at the base of the Wasatch Mountains, DPS was founded in 2005 and is the largest domestic producer of skis. Proud to be made in the USA. DPS was founded on the idea of fusing innovative materials with advanced shapes so skiers who live and breathe the sport of skiing have the best equipment to help foster a deep connection to the mountains.
2002 - Stephan Drake - Co-founded DB skis and launchged the Tabla Rasa, coining "Rocker" in the design notes.
- Peter Turner - Engineering Head at Volant skis. Shane McConkey and Peter bring the Spatula ski to market
2005 - Stephan Drake & Peter Turner found DPS, debut the Lotus 138 and give skiers the first fully rockered ski with sidecut.
2010 - The transfornmative Wailer 112 RP shape combines radical rocker with carving prowess.
2012 - a 100% dedicated powder surfing tool, dubbed the Spoon, moves the brand "Beyond Faceshots".
2014 - DPS Cinematic launches with a four part short film series which has now evolved into the most popular digitial short ski film.
2015 - The ultralight Tour1 construction is released.
2016 - DPS debuts Chassis shaping paradigm in the Wailer 106 & Zelda 106 models and releases the foundation construction.
2017 - DPS launches PAHTNOM, a permanenrt waxless base treatment through kickstarter.
2018 - DPS launches PHANTOM 2.0 Permanent Waxless Glide base trreatment and the PHANTOM Cure Station.
2019 - DPS relocates to state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in downtown Salt Lake City
2020 - DPS continues material and manufacturing innovation with the launch of the Pagoda Tour and Pagoda Piste constructions.
2021 - Alchemist exits the lineup and is replaced by Pagoda as the centerpiece of the DPS Collection.
DPS offers a complete construction pyramid that gives a comprehensive ski fitting experience. Once you choose your shape, pair them to cutting edge constructions. This concept meets every skier's preference and intended use.
The Shadow Campaign // The Lonely Star from DPS SKIS on Vimeo.
RP - Playful and intuitive. 15m turn radius
C2 - Directional/fall line. 18m+ tunr radius
LOTUS - POW surfing shapes
KOALA - Big Mountain Freestyle
- Supremely damp and powerful construction.
- Race-style energy and edge hold in versatile all- mountain shapes.
- Innovative horizontal lamination of two-part core integrated sidewall drastically imporves damping and stability.
- Ash, Aspen and Paulownia core provides natural vibration absorbing characteristics.
- Full carbon laminating generates unrivaled power transfer.
- Ultimate QC standards
- Very light on the skin up, class leading downhill performance.
- Innovative horizontal lamination of two-part core with fully integrated sidewall results in extremely damp and stable ride.
- Aerospace grade acrylic foam core stringers provide energy and damping at the lightest weight possibnle.
- All new carbon laminate is a leap forward in power transfer .
- Ultimate QC standards
- Bamboo and poplar bi-phase wood core wrapped in fiberglass.
- Finest supporting materials include: Austrian race base, full carbon stringer, polyurethane sidewalls, Rockwell 48 steelk edges.
- DPS signature shapes with 2-year warranty.
PHANTOM Permanent Waxless Glide
PHANTOM is a permanent, one-time application base treatment that provides increased glide across all conditions. PHANTOM's sophisticated, timed polymerization process permanently penetrates deep into the base material with powerful go-fast fluoro compositions designed to operate across all snow temperatures. Even when ski or snowboard goes into shiop for stone grinding, the next fresh layer of PHANTOM is exposed - ready to glide.